- Riva Silver’s condensable nature allows the operator to quickly and easily place the restoration. Riva Silver can be packed using an amalgam condenser.
Perfect for non-compliant patients
- Riva Silver is the ideal restorative in situations where patient compliance and moisture control are difficult. Riva Silver is extremely easy and quick to use.
- Riva Silver is an excellent material for core buildups. Its high early compressive and bond strength properties ensure favourable core buildup conditions.
- Riva Silver’s high compressive strength minimises the risk of fracture in the critical early stages after the restoration has been placed.
- The addition of metal particles into the cement substantially increases radiopacity. Riva Silver is easily differentiated on radiographs from that of tooth structure allowing easy diagnosis of early lesions.
- Riva Silver’s free movement of fluoride provides benefits to surrounding and adjacent tooth surfaces. Fluoride is held within the glass matrix without being bound by the structure. If the level outside the matrix is lower, then fluoride ions are released.
- Conversely, if the fluoride level is higher (eg. from topical fluoride) then fluoride will recharge the glass ionomer matrix. Riva Silver has the ability to be recharged with fluoride from external sources, providing long term protection against recurrent carries. Riva Silver is great for treating high caries-risk patients as part of an overall treatment plan for maximum care.
- The benefits of using Riva Silver capsules are obvious. However, if using the powder / liquid system, no separate adding and mixing of alloy into the powder is required. The alloy component of Riva Silver is pre-mixed into the powder bottle.
SDI Riva Silver (50 Capsules)
Mercury free, fluoride releasing, silver restorative
Riva Silver utilises SDI’s proprietary ionglass™ filler developed by our glass technologists. ionglass™ is a radiopaque, high ion releasing, reactive glass used in SDI’s range of dental cements. Riva Silver releases substantially higher fluoride to assist with remineralisation of the natural dentition.
The light grey colour of Riva Silver requires minimal masking when used under aesthetic restorations.